This course can be scheduled to meet your specific requirements. For more information about this course
or to schedule a class, please contact us at (866) 878-8900 or email@example.com.
This course introduces the National Incident Management System (NIMS). NIMS provides a consistent nationwide template to enable all government, private-sector, and non-governmental organizations to work together during domestic incidents.
You will learn about the development of NIMS and the importance of a nationwide approach for responding to all-hazard incidents.
There are no prerequisites for this class
- Key concepts and principles underlying NIMS
- NIMS Components: Preparedness, Communications and Information Management, Resource Management, and Command and Management
- National Integration Center
The target audience should include entry level personnel from local agencies, including representatives from:
- Fire Service
- Emergency Medical Services (EMS)
- Law Enforcement (LE)
- Public Health (PH)
- Public Works (PW)
- Emergency Management (EM)
Additionally, jurisdictions are strongly encouraged to invite representatives from:
- Local Hazardous Materials (HazMat)
- Emergency communications organizations
- Other governmental and quasi-governmental agencies
- Organizations such as school systems and the National Guard
- Other non-governmental, private industry, and federal emergency response agencies
- Representatives from higher education institutions that are located within or support the jurisdiction
Phone: (979) 458-3537
- Maximum number of participants: 30
- Minimum number of participants: 26
All TEEX NIMS/ICS instructors are certified Department of Homeland Security NIMS/ICS instructors and meet/exceed all requirements needed to teach the IS-700 course and proctor the IS-700 examination.