This course can be scheduled to meet your specific requirements. For more information about this course
or to schedule a class, please contact us at (800) 423-8433 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Clandestine burial sites and scattered human remains pose serious issues for criminal investigators. This course is designed for those responsible for death investigations, including cold case death investigations dealing with skeletal remains. Participants will be introduced to the field of forensic anthropology and receive instruction in the recovery and analysis of human remains. Course instruction is through lecture, case review, and field application.
This course meets Texas Commission on Law Enforcement (TCOLE) requirements Texas Forensic Science Academy Skeletal Death Investigation Course #40060.
There are no prerequisites for this class
- Basics of forensic anthropology
- Biological profile
- Decomposition and taphonomy
- Human osteology
- Photography and mapping
- Recovery of scattered surface and buried remains
- Site identification
- Law enforcement investigators and non-commissioned personnel assigned to crime scene investigation and reconstruction
- Must be licensed or certified peace officers with a current commission or non-commissioned personnel assigned to investigate/process crime scenes
- Participants will be required to conduct field exercises throughout the week and should dress appropriately for outdoor field work
40.00 Texas Commission on Law Enforcement (TCOLE)
40.00 International Association of Identification (IAI)
Phone: (979) 845-6677 | Toll-Free: (800) 423-8433 | Fax: (979) 862-2788