It is vital for county corrections officers to understand their responsibilities regarding the rights and privileges of inmates in their care, custody, and control. This course will provide officers with an understanding of their proper constitutional duties and is one of the Intermediate Core Courses required by Texas Commission on Law Enforcement (TCOLE) rules to receive intermediate certification as a county corrections officer.
This course meets Texas Commission on Law Enforcement (TCOLE) requirements Course #3502.
There are no prerequisites for this class
- Correctional law
- First amendment guarantees for inmates
- Summary of constitutional rights
- The eighth amendment
- The fifth amendment
- The fourteenth amendment
- The fourth amendment
- Texas county and municipal jail staff responsible for inmate oversight and control within a jail facility
- The mandatory completion/duration period for this eCourse is six months from the registration
- 56K modem internet connection
- Current browser (i.e., Internet Explorer 6 or higher, Firefox 2.0 or higher, Safari 2 or higher)
- Adobe Acrobat Reader 7 or higher
- Adobe Flash 22.214.171.124 or higher
- Broadband Internet Connection
16.00 Texas Commission on Law Enforcement (TCOLE)
Phone: (979) 845-6677 | Toll-Free: (800) 423-8433 | Fax: (979) 862-2788
- After registering online for this course, you will receive an email with instructions for getting started. If you do not receive a confirmation within one hour, please contact us at (979) 845-6677 or email@example.com
- If paying by purchase order or check please fill out the required registration form and send to firstname.lastname@example.org or fax to (979) 862-2788.