This course can be scheduled to meet your specific requirements. For more information about this course
or to schedule a class, please contact us at (800) 423-8433 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Motor vehicle crashes are one of the leading causes of injury and death in the United States. This course demonstrates proper driving techniques required to avoid most potential problems in an off-road environment. Participants experience common driving hazards faced during off-road vehicle operations. All students will experience up to six hours of actual hands-on training in this medium-stress driving school.
This course meets Texas Commission on Law Enforcement (TCOLE) requirements Course #78024.
There are no prerequisites for this class
- Ascents & descents
- Determining proper lines of travel
- Kinetic energy/inertia
- Methods of braking
- Off-Road driving hazards
- Proficiency exercises
- Proper driving attitude
- Proper steering
- Recovery techniques
- Risk management concerns
- Vehicle control
- Vehicle dynamics
- Vehicle inspection
- Must have a valid driver's license and be capable of operating a motor vehicle under moderately stressful conditions.
- Must provide a suitable four wheel drive vehicle in good working condition; preferably a vehicle commonly use to drive to and from work or during work.
- The vehicle must be in sound mechanical condition with no leaking fluids.
- A current motor vehicle inspection sticker
- Vehicle tires must have at least a 2/32 tread depth
- No more than two participants may share one vehicle during the class.
8.00 Texas Commission on Law Enforcement (TCOLE)
Phone: (979) 845-6677 | Toll-Free: (800) 423-8433 | Fax: (979) 862-2788