The Structural Collapse Specialist (Technician) course provides you with the knowledge, skills, and abilities to perform rescues at structural collapse scenes due to natural disasters or terrorist incidents. This course is 80 hours of face-to-face (Instructor-Led) training that is divided into three majors topics:
- Construct Emergency Shoring (Interior and Exterior)
- Lifting and Moving Techniques
- Breaching and Breaking
The course concludes with a final exercise in Disaster City requiring you to use all of the skills you have learned during the course.
This course is eight days in length, with 10 hours of training each day, for a total of 80 hours.
Prior to attending this face-to-face training course, students must successfully complete the Computer-Based Training (CBT) Structural Collapse Specialist (Technician) course (Course Code: 9P2630) that is approximately 8 hours. The CBT component of this course is hosted for free by TEEX. Register now for the Specialist Collapse Specialist (Technician) course (Course Code: 9P2630).
We make every effort to ensure consistent terminology and training within the discipline of urban search and rescue (US&R), so this course mirrors the DHS/FEMA National US&R Response System curriculum.
Upon completion of the course, participants will be issued a TEEX Certificate of Completion.
This course is one of the requirements of the US&R Rescue Specialist Certificate program.
This course differs from the 50-hour Collapse Rescue Operations course by providing increased time to perform more-in-depth skill sets as required by the Department of Homeland Security and the Federal Emergency Management Agency (DHS/FEMA) curriculum.
Each student must successfully complete the Computer-Based Training (CBT) component of the Structural Collapse Specialist Course (Course Code: 9P2630) at www.teex.org. Under the Training Tab-Select "Online", this will provide you access to all online training courses. The 9P2630 CBT must be completed prior to attending this eight-day instructor-led course. Register now for the Structural Collapse Specialist-CBT course. Please bring a copy of the CBT certificate to the first day of class to show proof of meeting the prerequisite for the ILT.
Members of the FEMA US&R Task Forces should complete the exact same CBT course (Course Code: 9P2630) at www.esf9training.org which is a FEMA US&R Portal-Learning Management System (LMS) created by TEEX for the FEMA National US&R Response System. This Learning Managment System was specifically designed for US&R Task Forces to automatically track all of their training certificates, qualifications, expirations and personnel deployability.
Participants should complete a NFPA 1006 Rope Rescue Level I course or equivalent. Due to strenuous nature of search and rescue activities, participants should secure a professional evaluation of their physical condition prior to enrolling in these courses.
Reserve hotel rooms as early as possible when planning to attend any courses.
TopicsRescuer Safety+Structural Engineer Systems+Building Construction as Related to Disaster Situations+Rescue Operations Strategy and Tactics+Rescue Operational Procedures+Rescue Support Procedures+Breaching and Breaking Operations with Concrete and Steel Structures (2 days)+Lifting and Moving Operations (2 days)+Emergency Building Shoring (2 days)
This course has been developed for city, state, and federal US&R responders. The target audience also includes all emergency responders from municipal and industrial agencies tasked with conducting structural collapse rescue.
Participants include emergency responders from the following disciplines/services:
- Search and Rescue Personnel
- State Urban Search and Rescue (SUSAR) Members
- US&R Task Force Members
- Structural Collapse Response Personnel
- Fire Department Members
- Emergency Medical Services (EMS)
- Law Enforcement (LE)
- Industrial Firefighters (IND)
- Army and Air National Guard (ANG)
- Weapons of Mass Destruction-Civilian Support Teams (WMD-CST)
- CBRNE Enhanced Response Force Packages (CERFP) Teams
- Homeland Response Forces (HRF)
- County, State, and Federal First Responders
- Public Health and Health Care Workers
Phone: (979) 458-5636 | Tollfree: (866) 878-8900
TEEX is the National Contract Training Provider for the FEMA National Urban Search and Rescue (US&R) System and this course was developed under contract for US&R personnel. This ILT course is the same curriculum and instructors utilized for courses taught to the FEMA National US&R System.
TEEX has provided training to National US&R and SUSAR task forces since 1998 and your department can be confident that training provided by TEEX will meet credentialing and validation requirements because TEEX adheres to all of the requirements set forth by the FEMA US&R Program Office.
- With the exception of the TEEX Fire Recruit Academy (face-to-face classes), TEEX will provide a full refund if the customer cancels 15 or more calendar days before the start of the class. The TEEX Fire Recruit Academy will retain their publicized cancellation fee regardless of when a student cancels.
- Cancellations received 14 calendar days or less before the start of the class will be charged a fee of 10% of the class tuition. Exceptions to the cancellation fee are allowed with division director approval.
- Once a transfer has been made, any cancellation of the course by the customer will be treated as less than 15 days
- If TEEX cancels a class, customers will be offered:
A transfer to a scheduled class of the same course, OR
A transfer to another class of a different course (customers will receive either a refund or pay the difference between the two classes, if applicable, OR
A full refund.
Registered participants/students who do not contact the program representative of the course they registered for in advance to cancel their registration and do not attend their scheduled class will be charged the entire class fee.