The Instructor Led Training (ILT) Logistics Specialist course is designed to provide Urban Search and Rescue (US&R) Task Force personnel with the knowledge, skills, and abilities necessary to perform logistics functions for a US&R team during a disaster or a planned event. Participants will learn the essential requirements of providing support, re-supply, transportation, sustainment, and maintenance of an equipment cache. Upon completion of the course, participants will be able to successfully perform the position of Logistics Specialist on a US&R team.
The Instructor Led Training (ILT) Logistics Specialist course is 32 hours of face-to-face training. Prior to attending this face-to-face training course, students must successfully complete the Computer-Based Training (CBT) component of the Logistics Specialist course (Course Code: 9P4130) that is approximately 11 hours.
The CBT component of this course is hosted for free by TEEX. Register now for the Logistics Specialist – CBT course.
NOTE: Each student MUST successfully complete the Computer-Based Training (CBT) component of the Logistics Specialist course (Course Code: 9P4130) via the TEEX eCampus Learning Management System prior to attending this four day instructor-led practical exercise driven portion of the course.
Members of FEMA US&R Task Forces should complete the exact same CBT course (Course Code: 9P4130) at www.esf9training.org which is a Learning Management System created by TEEX for the FEMA National US&R Response System. This Learning Management System was specifically designed for US&R Task Forces to automatically track all of their training certificates, qualifications, expirations, and personnel deployability.
Each student must bring the following items to the Instructor-Led Training course:
- Task Force BDU Uniforms/T-shirts for all class days.
- Valid Driver’s License and current Task Force (TF) or Fire Department Identification
- PPE: Helmet, Safety Glasses, Gloves, Safety Boots, Rain Gear
- A copy of their Task Force Deployment Transportation Inventory - Filled Out US&R Form 18-4
- A copy of their Task Force’s Transportation Load Plans for Air & Ground Configuration (NOTE: It is optional to bring this item)
- A copy of their Task Force’s Base of Operations Plan for Type I and Type III Deployments (printed or digital)
- A copy of their Task Force’s Mobilization Plan (printed or digital)
- One Laptop Computer per student
- One Portable printer and power strip per task force
- Task Force Equipment Cache Inventory Database on Laptop – No hard copies
- Small Digital Camera (NOTE: It is optional to bring this item)
- FEMA Field Operations Guide - September 2003 Edition
TopicsAdministration+US&R Cache Packing and Labeling+US&R Cache Tracking, Maintenance, and Documentation+Base of Operations (BoO)+Ground Transportation+Final Exercise
Phone: (979) 458-5636 | Tollfree: (866) 878-8900
TEEX is the National Contract Training Provider for the FEMA National Urban Search and Rescue (US&R) System and this course was developed under contract for US&R personnel. This ILT course is the same curriculum and instructors utilized for courses taught to the FEMA National US&R System.
TEEX has provided training to National US&R and SUSAR task forces since 1998 and your department can be confident that training provided by TEEX will meet credentialing and validation requirements because TEEX adheres to all of the requirements set forth by the FEMA US&R Program Office.