This five-hour online course provides members of the Incident Support Team (IST) with an understanding of their roles and responsibilities as members of the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) Federal Emergency Management Agency’s (FEMA) Urban Search and Rescue (US&R) Incident Support Team. Upon completion of the course, participants will be able to successfully describe the duties and responsibilities of an IST member.
Search and Rescue teams or State Emergency Management Agencies interested to receive customized training regarding the establishment and management of a State US&R Incident Support Teams or ESF-9 Overhead Team should contact TEEX US&R Program for more information. A customized course can be delivered at your location using members of the FEMA National Incident Support Teams.
In order to complete this course, you must have:
- Internet connection (broadband connection recommended)
- A current web browser (i.e., Google Chrome, Microsoft Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, or Apple Safari, etc.) To prevent issues during your online class, be sure that your web browser is updated to the latest version available.
- Current versions of Adobe Acrobat Reader and Adobe Flash loaded on your computer.
TopicsModule 1 – National US&R Response System Overview+Module 2 – IST Program Management+Module 3 – IST Operations and Planning+Module 4 – Special Operations+Module 5 – Support Considerations+Final Exam
- Search and Rescue Personnel
- State Urban Search and Rescue Personnel
- Structural Collapse Response Personnel
- Fire Department Responders
- Law Enforcement Personnel
- Emergency Medical Services Personnel
- County/State/Federal Responders
- National Guard and DOD Personnel
- Public Health and Health Care Workers
Phone: (979) 458-5636 | Tollfree: (866) 878-8900
TEEX is the National Contract Training Provider for the FEMA National US&R System and this course was developed under contract for US&R personnel. This course is hosted and provided at no cost to emergency responders in partnership with the TEEX National Emergency Response and Rescue Training Center (NERRTC) which is a member of the National Domestic Preparedness Consortium (NDPC).
This course is hosted and provided at no cost to emergency responders in partnership with NERRTC, a member of the NDPC.