Having proper skills to conduct a sobriety test is essential to successful DWI/DUI traffic enforcement. This course prepares officers to instruct the Standardized Field Sobriety Test (SFST) course to their peers. Participants will experience hands-on training exercises and simulated alcohol "web lab" workshops. Successful graduates are able to teach the SFST course.
This course meets Texas Commission on Law Enforcement (TCOLE) requirements for SFST Practitioner Course #1016.
Please fax documents to (979) 862-2788 or send an email to email@example.com two weeks prior to class start date.
Course Completion Requirements
- Currently commissioned as a peace officer with basic SFST experience.
- A proficiency exam will be given to all participants the first day of class.
- All participants are required to pass the proficiency exam to continue the course.
TopicsEffective presentation skills +How to conduct a SFST course +How to conduct an alcohol workshop +Teaching and learning theory
Continuing Education & Professional Credits
- Students successfully completing this course will also need to meet TCOLE requirements set in rule 221.33 before instructing a SFST class.
- If paying by purchase order or check, please fill out the required registration form and send to firstname.lastname@example.org or fax to (979) 862-2788.