The Code Enforcement II course provides advanced-level training designed to prepare officers for final proficiency testing through the Code Enforcement Association of Texas (CEAT). Training covering a range of information includes a review of housing, construction, property maintenance, occupancy levels, and both electrical and fire safety codes. Additional focus is placed on zoning codes and proper signage regulations covering agricultural, residential, and industrial zones. Specialized guidance is provided to officers specific to compliance program management techniques, the development of budgeting and strategic planning, as well as the importance surrounding productive interactions with citizens, media and councils/commissions/boards in a public setting.
To make arrangements for the final exam administered at the conclusion of the class by the Code Enforcement Association of Texas (CEAT), students need to contact CEAT for information about payment for the exam and final certification as a Code Officer II.
Note: Registration for this course cannot be completed using the registration buttons above. Participants must first show evidence of Basic Code Enforcement course completion. See prerequisite section below for further guidance.
Evidence of successful completion of the Basic Code Enforcement course.
- Prior to registration participants must provide evidence of completion of the Basic Code Enforcement course.
- Completion of the Texas Code Enforcement Officer Status Verification Form located in the resources section.
- Once all proper documentation has been collected it may be faxed to TEEX Customer Care at (979) 458-1426. If additional information is required, contact TEEX Customer Care personnel at (800) 723-3811.
- All verification and associated documentation must be completed a minimum of 14 business days prior to the start of class.
TopicsReview of building codes +Code Enforcement Officer develepment+Home occupations +Review of housing codes +Legal overview +Signage +Zoning +Compliance programs
- Code Enforcement Officers
- Law Enforcement Officers
- City Personnel
- County Personnel
Infrastructure Training & Safety Institute
OSHA Training Institute Education Center
Phone: | Tollfree: (800) 723-3811 or (800) SAFE-811