The Certified Hazardous Materials Manager (CHMM) and Registered Environmental Manager (REM) Test Preparation course helps prepare qualified participants with intermediate-level knowledge of environmental terminology and familiarity with related rules and industry objectives to sit for the CHMM and REM exam. During the course, students are provided an intense review of all related industry concepts and practices as they prepare to sit for a selected industry-specific, pre-arranged exam available through TEEX at the end of the class.
There are no prerequisites for this course.
Course Completion Requirements
- Access to all TEEX testing materials and online services related to the CHMM and REM examinations is restricted. Only those individuals with evidence of authorization will be permitted to test once the classroom portion of the course has concluded.
- Review applicant requirements prior to registration for REM certification through the National Registry of Environmental Professionals with the link provided in the resources area.
- Review applicant requirements for CHMM certification through the Institute of Hazardous Materials Management with the link provided in the resources area.
- All verifications and associated documentation surrounding access to industry-specific examination materials must be completed a minimum of 14 business days prior to the start of class.
- Intermediate-level knowledge of environmental terminology, related rules, and overall industry objectives.
- Practical understanding of Chemistry for Environmental Professionals
- Practical understanding of Occupational Safety and Health Standards for General Industry (OSHA 511)
- Practical understanding of Hazardous Waste Management
TopicsAsbestos & PCBs +CERCLA +Chemistry and Chemical Properties +Environmental Laws & Regulations +Hazard Evaluation and PPE +OSHA Regulations +Radiation +RCRA +Soil & Groundwater +The Clean Air Act +The Clean Water Act & SPCC +Toxicology +Transportation of hazardous materials
Qualified environmental professionals preparing to sit for the CHMM or REM exam.
Government Programs, Certifications and AccreditationsGSA contract number: GS-02F-0003P. GSA customers, to register please contact email@example.com or call (800) 723-3811
Continuing Education & Professional Credits