The Certified Hazardous Materials Manager (CHMM), Certified Hazardous Materials Practitioner (CHMP) and Registered Environmental Manager (REM) credentials are issued by the Institute of Hazardous Materials Management (IHMM) and the National Registry of Environmental Professionals (NREP) respectively. The TEEX CHMM, CHMP and REM test preparation course is designed to help prepare those qualified IHMM and NREP approved candidates with experience and intermediate or higher-level knowledge of safety and environmental terminology as well as familiarity with related rules and industry objectives to sit for the CHMM, CHMP and REM exam. During the course, students are provided an intense review of all related industry concepts and practices including regulatory, technical scientific principles and their application, and best management practices that meets the IHMM and NREP guidelines for qualification.
To qualify for the CHMM, CHMP and/or REM credentials, the interested candidate must first apply to and meet all eligibility requirements before scheduling and taking their CHMM, CHMP and/or REM examination. The CHMM and CHMP examinations are administered by an independent testing organization and after a candidate has successfully completed the application process, he or she will receive a notification from IHMM called an Authorization to Test. This notification will contain access information to the independent computer-based testing organization. Authorized candidates must make separate arrangements with the independent testing organization that administers the CHMM and CHMP exam. As a benefit and convenience to the course participant, TEEX has an authorized test center location and can proctor the CHMM and CHMP exam for the testing organization, as well as the REM exam for the NREP, the day after the preparatory coursework is completed.
There are no prerequisites for this course.
Course Completion Requirements
- Access to all CHMM, CHMP and/or REM testing materials and online services related to the CHMM, CHMP and/or REM examinations is restricted to approved, authorized and qualified candidates. Only those individuals with evidence of authorization from IHMM and NREP will be permitted to test after the classroom portion of the course has concluded.
- Review all National Registry of Environmental Professionals (NREP) applicant requirements prior to registration for REM certification through the link provided in the resources area.
- Review applicant requirements for CHMM and CHMP certification through the Institute of Hazardous Materials Management with the link provided in the resources area.
- It is recommended that all applications, verifications and associated documentation related to CHMM, CHMP and/or REM certification and examination be completed a minimum of 14 business days prior to the start of class.
- If the CHMM or CHMP candidate wishes to sit for the examination at the TEEX proctored location the day following the last day of coursework, it is highly recommended that they register for the exam through the independent testing organization as soon as possible as TEEX has a limited number of spaces available to accommodate the CHMM and CHMP test takers.
- Intermediate-level knowledge of environmental terminology, related rules, and overall industry objectives.
- Practical understanding of Chemistry for Environmental Professionals
- Practical understanding of Occupational Safety and Health Standards for General Industry (OSHA 511)
- Practical understanding of Hazardous Waste Management
TopicsAsbestos & PCBs +CERCLA +Chemistry and Chemical Properties +Environmental Laws & Regulations +Hazard Evaluation and PPE +OSHA Regulations +Radiation +RCRA +Soil & Groundwater +The Clean Air Act +The Clean Water Act & SPCC +Toxicology +Transportation of hazardous materials
Qualified environmental professionals preparing to sit for the CHMM or REM exam.
Government Programs, Certifications and AccreditationsGSA contract number: GS-02F-0003P. GSA customers, to register please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or call (800) 723-3811
Continuing Education & Professional Credits