The Wood Pole Climbing Instructor course is designed to provide experienced pole climbers with the skills required to become an instructor within the industry. Through facilitated hands-on exercises utilizing the TEEX Wood Pole Climbing field, course instruction, practice, and demonstrations, candidate instructors are prepared to deliver training utilizing TEEX-provided materials. Once the instructor course has been completed, participants will have the knowledge and all course materials necessary to properly assess those industry professionals wishing to receive training, set up required equipment, and administer all wood pole climbing training evaluations.
Evidence of successful completion of the Wood Pole Climbing Techniques course or equivalent training verified by employer.
- Complete the Student Qualification Form located in the resources section.
- Evidence of successful completion of the Wood Pole Climbing Techniques course or equivalent training verified by the employer.
- In order to fully participate in all field work exercises, students will need the following equipment; climbing boots, hard hat, work gloves, safety glasses, a long-sleeve shirt, climbers, body belt, and safety belt.
- In order to conduct practice instruction assignments, students will require a personal computer or laptop.
Once all proper documentation has been collected and/or completed it may be faxed to TEEX Customer Care at (979) 458-1426. If additional information is required, contact TEEX Customer Care personnel at (800) 723-3811.
All verifications and associated documentation must be completed a minimum of 14 business days prior to the start of class.
TopicsDocumentation for verification and certification +How to administer a pole climbing certification program +How to evaluate wooden pole climbing skills +OSHA requirements for training climbers +Pole climbing field exercises, training steps, procedures and topics +Training field set-up and requirements +Use of TEEX training materials +How to conduct a training program+Presentation on an assigned topic
- Electric utilities
- Cable TV
- Organizations with pole climbing requirements
Infrastructure Training & Safety Institute
OSHA Training Institute Education Center
Phone: | Tollfree: (800) 723-3811 or (800) SAFE-811