The Electric Power Overhead and Underground System Maintenance course trains participants in safe work practices related to distribution system maintenance. The course allows participants to work with a variety of structures as well as underground systems specific to repair work done on typical system hardware. During training students will become familiar with personal protective grounding practices on both overhead and underground electrical systems and perform switching and isolating procedures on an underground residential distribution system. At the completion of this course, participants will be able to work as a member of a crew when replacing typical pole line hardware and apparatus.
Evidence of successful completion of the Wood Pole Climbing Techniques course or equivalent training must be verified by the employer.
- Complete the Student Qualification Form located in the resources section.
- Evidence of successful completion of the Wood Pole Climbing Techniques course or equivalent training verified by employer.
- In order to fully participate in all field work exercises, students will need the following equipment; hard hat, rubber gloves (Class 2), work gloves, eye protection, long-sleeve shirts, climbing tools, work boots, hand tools.
- Once all proper documentation has been collected and/or completed it may be faxed to TEEX Customer Care at (979) 458-1426. If additional information is required, contact TEEX Customer Care personnel at (800) 723-3811.
All verifications and associated documentation (see resources) must be completed a minimum of 14 business days prior to the start of class.
TopicsPersonal protective grounding practices +Safe work procedures +Warehousing and housekeeping +Applying personal protective grounds+De-energized jobs involving maintenance of varied equipment
- Apprentice line workers
- Journey line workers
- Crew leaders
- Electric utilities
- Construction industry professionals
- Organizations with pole climbing requirements
- Industry professionals involved with overhead and underground system maintenance
Infrastructure Training & Safety Institute
OSHA Training Institute Education Center
Phone: | Tollfree: (800) 723-3811 or (800) SAFE-811