The Overhead Electrical Distribution Equipment Installation course provides participants training on proper procedures used for installation and connection of various types of electrical apparatus to an electrical distribution system. During the course, participants operate as a team to safely accomplish all installation requirements specific to the proper connectivity of electrical distribution equipment. The emphasis during this course is placed on proper equipment grounding techniques necessary to de-energize electrical power systems required to safely accomplish each task. Hands-on field exercises conducted from an elevated position of almost 40 feet include installation and connection of single-phase and three-phase transformers along with reclosers, capacitor banks, and voltage regulators. Students receive a safety briefing (OSHA 190.269.(c)) prior to all activities.
Evidence of successful completion of the Wood Pole Climbing Techniques course or equivalent training verified by employer
- Complete the Student Qualification Form located in the resources section.
- Evidence of successful completion of the Wood Pole Climbing Techniques course or equivalent training verified by the employer.
- In order to fully participate in all field work exercises, students will need the following equipment; hard hat, rubber gloves (Class 2), work gloves, safety glasses, long-sleeved shirts, climbing tools, work boots, and hand tools.
Once all proper documentation has been collected and/or completed it may be faxed to TEEX Customer Care at (979) 458-1426. If additional information is required, contact TEEX Customer Care personnel at (800) 723-3811.
All verifications and associated documentation must be completed a minimum of 14 business days prior to the start of class.
In order to participate fully in all field exercises, students should be able to move 50 pounds and handle all tools associated with the installation of overhead distribution equipment.
TopicsField Applications +Safe work practices +Single phase transformer installations+Single phase service drops+Three phase transformer installation+Three phase service drops+Single phase oil circuit reclosers installation+Three phase oil circuit recloser installation+Voltage regulators installation and bypassing+Capacitor bank installation
- Apprentice line workers
- Journey line workers
- Crew leaders
- Electric utilities professionals
- Construction professionals
- Personnel with utility pole climbing responsibilities for install of distribution equipment
OSHA Training Institute Education Center
Phone: (800) 723-3811 | Tollfree: (800) 723-3811 or (800) SAFE-811