This online course prepares participants to be able to identify and select proper fingerprint processing techniques for difficult surfaces encountered in the field. Participants will learn about the three types of difficult surfaces and the associated processing techniques. All information will be tied together in a final activity whereby the participant will simulate the collection of a fingerprint from a piece of evidence identified as a difficult surface.
This course meets Texas Commission on Law Enforcement (TCOLE) requirements.
There are no prerequisites for this course.
Course Completion Requirements
- This course must be completed within 45 days from the registration date.
- Participants will have three attempts to pass the final examination.
- To complete this course, you are required to have a computer with internet access.
Online Course Technical Requirements
- Broadband Internet Connection Using Current Browser - Microsoft Edge is not a supported browser
Recommended: Internet Explorer 11, Google Chrome 65 or higher
Alternatives: Mozilla Firefox 57 or higher, Safari 10 or higher
- Apple Quicktime Player 10 or higher
- Adobe Acrobat Reader 10 or higher
- Adobe Flash 28 or higher
To meet attendance requirements, participants must review
each training module and complete all required course assignments, activities,
quizzes, and/or end of course exam.
TopicsTypes of Difficult Surfaces+Latent Print Development - Textured, Curved, & Adhesive Surfaces+Latent Print Recovery
Law enforcement and non-commissioned personnel assigned to
investigative tasks and duties such as crime scene investigators, fire
investigators, detectives, medicolegal death investigators and patrol officers
Continuing Education and Professional Credits0.1 CEUs
Texas Commission on Law Enforcement (TCOLE)
- After registering online for this course, you will receive an email with instructions for getting started. If you do not receive a confirmation within one hour, please contact us at (979) 845-6677 or email@example.com.
- Refunds are not available for eLearning courses, nor may a course be transferred from one customer to another.