This course meets or exceeds the qualifications for National Fire Protection Association (NFPA) 472 Standard for Competence of Responders to Hazardous Materials/Weapons of Mass Destruction Incidents Chapter 7, “Competencies for Hazardous Materials Technicians,” and Code of Federal Regulations (CFR) 1910.120 (q)(6)(iii) for Technician-level personnel.
Upon completion of this course you are eligible to take the National Board on Fire Service Professional Qualifications (Pro Board) written exam and skills testing for NFPA 472 Chapter 7.
Students must be trained to the Operations level to receive Pro-Board certification at the end of the HazMat Technician course. Proof of Operations level training must be submitted prior to the end of class. Please click on the additional information link to see the requirement for submitting proof of operations level training. The written and skills testing must receive a passing score in order to receive a Pro Board certificate.
Due to the strenuous nature of class activities, participants should secure a professional evaluation of their physical condition prior to enrolling in this course.
TopicsAnalyze the incident+Collect and interpret hazard and response information+Determine scope of the problem+Describe type and extent of damage to containers+Predict the behavior of released materials and containers +Estimate the size of endangered area +Plan a response+Describe response objectives and options+Select Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) for action options+Select technical decontamination process+Develop a site safety plan+Implement the response+Perform duties of Hazmat position within Incident Command Systems (ICS)+Don, doff, and work in Technician-level PPE+Perform Offensive control options+Perform decon functions+Evaluate effectiveness of control functions+Evaluate effectiveness of decon+Terminating the Incident+Incident debrief and critique+Reports and documentation+A, B, & C Chlorine Kits+MC306/406 Dome Clamp with Grounding and Bonding+Level A Dress out with Self-Contained Breathing Apparatus (SCBA)+Drum leak repair and overpacking+Instrumentation laboratory
Personnel who respond to emergencies involving Hazardous Materials (HazMat)/Weapons of Mass Destruction (WMD) for the purpose of analyzing the incident, selecting appropriate PPE and decontamination procedures, and implementing action options to mitigate the incident.
HazMat Training Manager
Phone: (979) 458-3640 | Tollfree: (866) 878-8900
Due to the nature of the training, a physical examination and fit test is recommended prior to enrolling in this course.
- A, B & C Chlorine Kits
- MC306/406 Dome Clamp with Grounding and Bonding
- Level A Dress out with SCBA
- Drum Leak Repair and Over packing
- Instrumentation Laboratory
Register online or use our registration form, fill it out, print it, and fax it to (979)458-4368.
Annual Industrial Fire School (July)
Class limit: 40 students
Personal Protective Equipment (PPE)
- PPE Level 2 as described in the TEEX Student Safety Manual.
- All students are required to follow the TEEX Student Safety Manual at all times.
- Students should bring the same type of clothing as worn on normal duty at their plant, including bunker gear which is NFPA 1971 compliant.
Monday-Thursday: 7:30 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.
Friday: 7:30 a.m. - 11:30 a.m.
Annual Fire Training School Registration
- Register online at www.teex.org/annualschools or print the Annual School registration form located on the same web page and mail with payment or fax (866) 878-8900 with approved and signed purchase order.
- Other registration forms will not be accepted.
Annual Fire Training School late fee
A late fee of $50.00 will be assessed to payments made after the registration deadline.
Pro Board Testing Accommodation Information
Accommodations are provided for those candidates who qualify under the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) as disabled.
Course dates are subject to change without notice.
- Fees are subject to change without notice.
- Fees must be paid prior to or on the first day of class unless other arrangements have been made.
- Does not include lodging or meals.