This course meets or exceeds the National Fire Protection Association (NFPA 472) Standard for Competence of Responders to Hazardous Materials/Weapons of Mass Destruction Incidents Chapter 6.9, “Mission-Specific Competencies: Response to Illicit Laboratory Incidents,” for Operations-level personnel.
Participants who successfully complete the course and pass the required written and skills tests receive a National Board on Fire Service Professional Qualifications (Pro Board) certification.
Pro Board Certification Only
Proof of training completion for all competencies at the Operations Level, National Fire Protection Association (NFPA) 472 Chapter 5, "Core Competencies"
Download the Documentation for Pro Board Certification Requirements for more information.
Personal Protective Equipment (PPE)
- Regular work attire, including safety shoes, for training activities and classroom sessions.
- You may not wear to any class or field activity
- sleeveless shirts
- open-toed shoes
Due to the strenuous nature of class activities, participants should secure a professional evaluation of their physical condition prior to enrolling in this course.
TopicsUnique Operational Aspects +Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) +Decontamination Procedures +Detection Devices +Remediation Plan +Implementation the Planned Response +Scene Size Up +Illicit Drug Manufacturing +Chemical Weapons of Mass Destruction (WMD) Manufacturing Methods +Biological Weapons of Mass Destruction (WMD) Manufacturing Methods
- Operations-level personnel who may discover or respond to an illicit laboratory incident. Instruction is focused on the initial response to a possible illicit chemical, biological, or drug Laboratory.
HazMat Training Manager
Phone: (979) 458-3640 | Tollfree: (866) 878-8900
Courses will begin at 8 a.m. on the first day of class unless other arrangements have been made.
You can use the above online registration link or our registration form. Please fill it out, print it, and fax it to (979) 458-4368.
For responders in the state of Texas, this course is also available at no cost through the Texas Division of Emergency Management.
Pro Board Testing Accommodation Information
Accommodations are provided for those candidates who qualify under the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) as disabled.
Course dates are subject to change without notice.
- Fees are subject to change without notice.
- Fees must be paid prior to or on the first day of class unless other arrangements have been made.
- Does not include lodging or meals.