The course provides you with a solid foundation and knowledge to identify and analyze safety concerns and to communicate recommended solutions to the command authority. The class focuses on industrial emergency scene operations using the Incident Command System (ICS). You will gain confidence in your ability to handle a variety of emergency situations through classroom exercises, including building an incident safety plan.
There are no prerequisites for this course.
Personal Protection Equipment (PPE)
TopicsIntroduction and Overview of the Incident Safety Officer +Role of the Incident Safety Officer +Regulations, Standards and Policies+Creating an Incident Safety Plan+Record Keeping and Documentation+Risk Management+Incident Considerations: Communications and Monitoring+Communicating Within the ICS
This course is appropriate for all industrial emergency response personnel, including fire prevention, suppression, control, and safety personnel with previous plant operations and emergency scene operations experience.
Potential attendees could include:
- Plant operators
- Plant maintenance
- Laboratory personnel
- Electricians/instrumentation techs
- Security personnel
Industrial Fire Training Manager
Phone: (979) 458-3642 | Tollfree: (866) 878-8900
This course is taught in the classroom only.
Courses will begin at 8 a.m. on the first day of class unless other arrangements have been made.
- Must be paid prior to or on the first day of class unless other arrangements have been made.
- Include course materials.
- Do not include lodging or meals.
Annual Fire Training School
If you are attending this course as part of TEEX's Annual Fire Training School taught each March and July, you need to be aware of the following additional information.
All registration must be paid before you attend class.
Annual Schools require that you use the Annual School registration form. You can print the registration form and mail it with a check, or fax it to (979) 847-9301 with a credit card number or an approved/signed Purchase Order. Only Annual School registration forms will be accepted.
A late fee of $50.00 will be assessed to payments made after the registration deadline for the Texas Annual Fire Training School.
Class Limit: 50 Students.
- Monday - Tuesday: 8 a.m. - 5 p.m.
- Wednesday-Thursday: 8 a.m. - 5 p.m.
- This course requires PPE Level 1 as described in the TEEX Student Safety Manual. All students are required to follow this manual at all times.
- You must wear regular work attire for training activities and classroom sessions.
- You may not wear shorts, sleeveless shirts, or open-toed shoes to any class or field activity.