This course provides you with a solid foundation of knowledge and skills to safely resolve an emergency in a variety of liquid bulk-storage structures found in a plant facility. Through field exercises, you will gain confidence in your ability to handle a variety of liquid bulk-storage emergency situations such as tank fires, railcar fires, or spills.
- If you would like certification, you must provide proof by the end of the class that you are trained to National Fire Protection Association (NFPA) 472 Hazardous Materials (HazMat) Technician or above.
- We are no longer accepting 29 CFR 1910.120(q) without the course syllabus outlining the exact course content, and it must meet NFPA 472 Hazmat Technician.
- You can provide a certificate or a transcript from an accredited agency that lists successful completion of Hazmat Technician or above level or training. This proof must be dated prior to the last day of class.
Personal Protection Equipment (PPE)
This course requires PPE Level 4 as described in the TEEX Student Safety Manual. All students are required to follow this manual at all times.
Due to the nature of the training, a physical examination is recommended prior to enrolling in this course.
TopicsPreplanning+Tank identification+Product identification+Foam calculations+Storage tank strategy and tactics+Large diameter hoses+Large diameter nozzles+Suppression methods+Suppression systems+Safety
This course is appropriate for all industrial emergency response personnel, including fire prevention, suppression, control, and safety personnel. Potential attendees could include:
- Plant operators
- Plant maintenance personnel
- Laboratory personnel
- Electricians/Instrumentation techs
- Security personnel
Industrial Fire Training Manager
Phone: (979) 458-3642 | Tollfree: (866) 878-8900
Courses will begin at 8 a.m. on the first day of class unless other arrangements have been made.
- Must be paid prior to or on the first day of class unless other arrangements have been made.
- Include course materials.
- Do not include lodging or meals.
Annual Fire Training School
If you are attending this course as part of TEEX's Annual Fire School taught each March and July, you need to be aware of the following additional information:
- You can register online (credit card and purchase order) or print the registration form and mail/fax.
- If you have any questions about Annual Fire Training Schools, call (866) 878-8900.
Annual Fire Training School Late Fee
A $50 late fee will be assessed to payments made after the registration deadline.
Monday - Thursday: 7:30 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.
Friday: 7:30 a.m. - 11:30 a.m.
Personal Protective Equipment (PPE)
- You must wear regular work attire for training activities and classroom sessions.
- You may not wear to any class or field activity
- sleeveless shirts
- open-toed shoes
Pro Board Testing Accommodation Information
Accommodations are provided for those candidates who qualify under the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) as disabled.