This course is designed to meet the objectives outlined in the National Fire Protection Association (NFPA) 1081 Standard for Industrial Fire Brigade Member Professional Qualifications (2012 Edition)” Chapters 5 and 6.
This course will provide your new brigade members, as well as existing emergency response personnel with a solid foundation of knowledge and skills that may be used to safely resolve emergencies involving exterior fire at an industrial facility. All of this is accomplished through a combination of classroom presentations and field exercises.
If you would like certification, you must provide proof by the end of the class that you are trained to NFPA 472 Hazmat Awareness or above.
We are no longer accepting 29 CFR 1910.120(q) without the course syllabus outlining the exact course content, and the course content must meet NFPA 472 Hazmat Awareness.
You can provide a certificate or a transcript from an accredited agency that lists successful completion of the requirements. This proof must be dated prior to the last day of class.
If you cannot show proof through your training records, go to TEEX
AWR-160 Online Class
at no cost, you may register and take course number AWR160-W, "Terrorism Awareness for Emergency First Responders" to satisfy the prerequisite. You must print and bring your completed certificate to class.
Personal Protection Equipment (PPE)
Due to the nature of the training, a physical examination is recommended prior to enrolling in this course.
TopicsIntroduction to fire brigades+Firefighter Safety/personnel protection+Applications equipment (PPE)+Fire Streams and appliances+Self-contained breathing apparatus (SCBA)+Dry chemical agents and applications+Pre-emergency planning+Strategies and tactics+Incident command (overview)+Fire behavior+Fundamentals of firefighting+Rescue procedures+Salvage and overhaul operations+Fundamentals of ventilation+Plant fire prevention
This course is appropriate for all industrial emergency response personnel, including fire prevention, suppression, control, and safety personnel.
Potential attendees could include:
- Plant operators
- Plant maintenance personnel
- Laboratory personnel
- Electricians/Instrumentation techs
- Security personnel
Industrial Fire Training Manager
Phone: (979) 458-3642 | Tollfree: (866) 878-8900
- Will begin at 8 a.m. on the first day of class unless other arrangements have been made.
- Must be paid prior to or on the first day of class unless other arrangements have been made.
- Includes course materials
- Does not include lodging or meals
- Wear regular work attire for training activities and classroom sessions.
- You may not wear to any class or field activity
- sleeveless shirts
- open-toed shoes
Annual Fire Training School Information
If you are attending this course as part of TEEX's Texas Annual Fire Training School taught each March and July, you need to be aware of the following additional information as described below.
Registration late fee
- $50.00 will be assessed to payments made after the registration deadline for the Texas Annual Fire Training School.
Annual Fire Training School's hours are different than the normal course hours. Please be sure you come at the correct time.
- Monday - Thursday: 7:30 a.m. - 6:00 p.m.
- Friday: 7:30 a.m. - 11:30 a.m.
- Call us at (866) 878-8900 and we would be happy to answer any questions you may have about Texas Annual Fire Training School.
Pro Board Testing Accommodation Information
Accommodations are provided for those candidates who qualify under the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) as disabled.