This is the first of three courses for those seeking certification through the Texas Commission on Fire Protection (TCFP) or State Firemen's and Fire Marshals' Association (SFFMA) to become a Fire Investigator.
This course satisfies the basic requirements as described in National Fire Protection Association (NFPA) 1033, Standard for Professional Qualifications, (2009 Ed.) for Fire Investigator and follows the requirements of TCFP and SFFMA. This class is NOT a ProBoard Certification class.
There are no prerequisites for this course.
Course Completion Requirements
- Jones and Bartlett, Fire Investigator, 5th edition
Personal Protection Equipment (PPE)
- Wear regular station duty wear for fire field activities
- Wear office attire for classroom sessions
- You may not wear to any class or field activity
- sleeveless shirts
- open-toed shoes
TopicsInvestigative Methodology & Planning the Investigation+Sources of Information+Legal Considerations+Safety+Fire Science+Fire Patterns+Building Construction & Systems+Fire Protection Systems+Origin Determination+Interviewing+Documentation of the Investigation+Physical Evidence+Hazardous Materials Awareness
All Emergency Response personnnel, including fire prevention, suppression, control and safety personnel.
Continuing Education & Professional Credits
Annual School Class hours
- Monday - Thursday: 8 a.m. - 6 p.m.
- Friday: 8 a.m. until finished
Annual Fire Training School registration information
- Please register online above