This self-paced online course is designed for law enforcement officers across the U.S. in support of selective traffic enforcement programs nationwide. Traffic Occupant Protection Strategies (TOPS) training provides law enforcement professionals with information about their state statutes and proper adult restraint usage practices, as well as child safety restraint systems and proper usage. Upon completion of this course, participants will be able to promote proper safety restraint usage and enforcement. This course adheres to the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration’s (NHTSA) eight-hour TOPS program updated in 2008.
This course meets Texas Commission on Law Enforcement (TCOLE) requirements Course #78022.
There are no prerequisites for this course.
Course Completion Requirements
- The mandatory completion/duration period for the eCourse is 45 days from the registration date.
- To complete this course you are required to have a computer with internet access.
- Broadband internet connection
- Current browser
- Recommended: Mozilla Firefox 30 or higher, Google Chrome 37 or higher
- Alternatives: Internet Explorer 10 or higher, Safari 7 or higher
- Adobe Acrobat Reader 10 or higher
- Adobe Flash 11 or higher
TopicsCurrent usage of safety belts and child safety seats +Occupant protection risk and survival +Public education +Public information and outreach +Types of crashes and crash dynamics
- Law enforcement officers responsible for traffic enforcement, public safety education, and those actively involved with Selective Traffic Enforcement Programs (STEP)
Continuing Education and Professional CreditsTexas Commission on Law Enforcement (TCOLE)
- After registering online for this course, you will receive an email with instructions for getting started. If you do not receive a confirmation within one hour, please contact us at (979) 845-6677 or firstname.lastname@example.org
- Refunds are not available for eLearning courses, nor may the course be transferred from one customer to another.
AZ POST Continuing Education Information
This course has been determined to qualify for AZ POST continuing training credit. Arizona participants will need to contact us by email at email@example.com upon successful completion to request a Program Compliance Confirmation.