Reducing violence and the need for force in the correctional environment can be achieved by employing effective interpersonal communications. This course teaches corrections personnel about human relations skills that will enhance positive relationships among staff, inmates, correctional workers, and their peers. Communication techniques are taught that allow officers to reduce violence and better control inmate behavior within the jail environment. This course is one of the Intermediate Core Courses required by Texas Commission on Law Enforcement (TCOLE) rules to receive intermediate certification as a county corrections officer.
This course meets TCOLE requirements Course #3503.
There are no prerequisites for this course.
- The mandatory completion/duration period for this eCourse is 45 days from the registration.
- To complete this course you are required to have a computer with internet access.
- Broadband internet connection
- Current browser
- Recommended: Mozilla Firefox 30 or higher, Google Chrome 37 or higher
- Alternatives: Internet Explorer 10 or higher, Safari 7 or higher
- Adobe Acrobat Reader 10 or higher
- Adobe Flash 11 or higher
TopicsApplication and management +Basics of communication +Communicating with an inmate +Evaluating a situation
- Texas county and municipal jail staff responsible for inmate oversight and control within a jail facility
Law Enforcement and Security Training
Phone: (979) 845-6677 | Tollfree: (800) 423-8433
- After registering online for this course, you will receive an email with instructions for getting started. If you do not receive a confirmation within one hour, please contact us at (979) 845-6677 or email@example.com
- If paying by purchase order or check please fill out the required registration form and send to firstname.lastname@example.org or fax to (979) 862-2788.
- Refunds are not available for eLearning courses, nor may the course be transferred from one customer to another.