After students are equipped with the knowledge provided in the prior online training, Basic County Corrections (Online), participants will learn and be able to apply basic self-defense techniques and inmate handling techniques required in the correctional setting.
This course meets Texas Commission on Law Enforcement (TCOLE) requirements Basic County Correction Class Course #1071.
Please fax documents to (979) 862-2788 or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org two weeks prior to class start date.
Course Completion Requirements
- Participant must bring handcuffs and handcuff keys
- Physical participation is required, participant must be in good physical condition and able to complete the following:
- Handcuffing techniques
- Defensive counter strikes
- Joint locks
- Grounding techniques
TopicsPhysiological responses to stress+Pressure points+Stances and blocks+Arm strikes and leg strikes+Handcuffing+Joint locks and grounding techniques+Vascular restraint+Searches
- Texas county and municipal jail staff responsible for inmate oversight and control within a jail facility
Continuing Education & Professional Credits
- If a student has a preexisting injury/condition that could be aggravated by a specific technique or the act of training in the physical skills portion of the Basic County Corrections course, the instructor should be advised and a doctor's release must be presented to the instructor before the physical skills training begins.