Having the knowledge and skills to train correctional officers within an agency can save funds and benefit the correctional facility as a whole. This course will equip participants with the necessary training to conduct the physical skills portion of the TEEX Basic County Corrections blended learning course. This train-the-trainer course provides the participant with instructional materials and techniques used in the delivery of the 24 hour physical skills portion of the Basic County Corrections Physical Skills course.
Please fax documents to (979) 862-2788 or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org two weeks prior to class start date.
Course Completion Requirements
- Physical participation is required, participant must be in good physical condition and able to complete the following:
- Handcuffing techniques
- Defensive counter strikes
- Joint locks
- Grounding techniques
TopicsHandcuffing +Joint locks and ground techniques +Physiological response to stress +Pressure points +Searches +Stances and blocks +Strikes +Use of Force +Vascular restraint
- Texas county jail staff responsible for training corrections officers to complete their basic training
Continuing Education & Professional Credits
Law Enforcement and Security Training
Phone: (979) 845-6677 | Tollfree: (800) 423-8433
- If a student has a preexisting injury/condition that could be aggravated by a specific technique or the act of training in the physical skills portion of the Basic County Corrections course, the instructor should be advised and a doctor's release must be presented to the instructor before the physical skills training begins.
- Students wishing to maintain their instructor status will be required to complete LET299 Basic County Corrections Physical Skills Train the Trainer Scheduling Requirements on an annual basis.
Effective September 1, 2017 TEEX will recognize those who have the credentials listed below as an equivalent for this course. Contact email@example.com or (979) 845-6677 for more information.