Incarcerated gang members often use their Spanish-speaking skills to undermine the efforts of corrections officers and other prison staff. As a result, it is essential for corrections personnel to know Spanish for Corrections.
This course will teach you correctional terms, plus slangs and offensive language to be prepared when you need it. You will quickly learn Spanish phases for issuing commands, controlling emergency situations, prison terminology, and much more.
This course meets Texas Commission on Law Enforcement (TCOLE) intermediate Spanish mandate requirement Course #2109 or #2110.
There are no prerequisites for this course.
Course Completion Requirements
- The mandatory completion/duration for this eCourse is six months from the registration date
TopicsFriendly conversation+Controlling the situation+Weapons+Illegal drugs+Emergency situations+Booking an inmate+Jail terminology
- Jail administrators
- Jail/detention officers
- Criminal justice system planners
- Officials involved in the criminal justice system
Continuing Education & Professional CreditsTexas Commission on Law Enforcement (TCOLE)
- This course is offered in partnership with Spanish on Patrol
- This is a web-based internet course with no software to install or download