Jail staffers encounter an array of inmates every day with different personalities and mental health issues. This course provides the basic psychiatric foundation, including how to recognize psychiatric disorders, gathering information regarding psychiatric illness, and how to handle suicidal behavior and prevent suicide in the jail setting.
This course meets Texas Commission on Law Enforcement (TCOLE) requirements Course #52002.
There are no prerequisites for this course.
Course Completion Requirements
- The mandatory completion/duration period for this eCourse is 45 days from the registration.
- To complete this course you are required to have a computer with internet access.
- Broadband internet connection
- Current browser
- Recommended: Mozilla Firefox 30 or higher, Google Chrome 37 or higher
- Alternatives: Internet Explorer 10 or higher, Safari 7 or higher
- Adobe Acrobat Reader 10 or higher
- Adobe Flash 11 or higher
TopicsTexas Jail Standard Commission rules+Medical guidelines for jail staff+Vital signs+Diseases+Specialized medical issues
- Personnel in a jail or holding cell facility
- Candidates for Texas county jail staffing responsible for oversight and control of inmates in a jail or holding cell facility
Continuing Education and Professional CreditsTexas Commission on Law Enforcement (TCOLE)
- After registering online for this course, you will receive an email with instructions for getting started. If you do not receive a confirmation within one hour, please contact us at (979) 845-6677 or email@example.com