This course is designed to enhance the knowledge gained in the Inmate Health Care: Basic Medical course. The content is appropriate for experienced jail security staffers and supervisors. Topics include; agency policies concerning patient well-being, major health issues seen in the jail environment, and specialized medical issues. Participants will also learn about motivation and outcomes of malingering as it relates to health. The practices learned in this course may be superseded by your agency departmental policy.
This course meets Texas Commission on Law Enforcement (TCOLE) requirements Course #52003.
There are no prerequisites for this course.
Course Completion Requirements
- The mandatory completion/duration period for this eCourse is 45 days from the registration.
- To complete this course you are required to have a computer with internet access.
- Broadband internet connection
- Current browser
- Recommended: Mozilla Firefox 30 or higher, Google Chrome 37 or higher
- Alternatives: Internet Explorer 10 or higher, Safari 7 or higher
- Adobe Acrobat Reader 10 or higher
- Adobe Flash 11 or higher
TopicsMedical guidelines for jail staff+Diseases+Specialized medical issues+Women's health issues+Malingering
- Non-medical jail and detention center staff responsible for oversight and control of inmates in a jail, detention, or holding facility
Continuing Education & Professional Credits
- After registering online for this course, you will receive an email with instructions for getting started. If you do not receive a confirmation within one hour, please contact us at (979) 845-6677 or firstname.lastname@example.org
- If paying by purchase order or check please fill out the required registration form and send to email@example.com or fax to (979) 862-2788.
- Refunds are not available for eLearning courses, nor may the course be transferred from one customer to another.