Current jail populations have a high prevalence of mental health issues and substance dependence or abuse among inmates. This course is designed to provide participants with information, techniques, and skills to recognize psychiatric disorders, gather information regarding psychiatric illness, and how to handle suicidal behavior and suicide in the jail setting. The practices learned in this course may be superseded by your agency departmental policy.
This course meets Texas Commission on Law Enforcement (TCOLE) requirements Course #52004.
There are no prerequisites for this course.
- The mandatory completion/duration period for this eCourse is 45 days from the registration date. Participants will have three attempts to pass the final examination.
- To complete this course you are required to have a computer with internet access
- Broadband internet connection
- Current browser
- Recommended: Mozilla Firefox 30 or higher, Google Chrome 37 or higher
- Alternatives: Internet Explorer 10 or higher, Safari 7 or higher
- Adobe Acrobat Reader 10 or higher
- Adobe Flash 11 or higher
TopicsPrinciples of practice+Jail medical encounters+Narrowing the diagnosis+Psychiatric disorders+Suicidal behavior
- Corrections personnel working in a jail, detention, or holding facility
- Deputies and correctional personnel involved in the transportation of inmates
- Court personnel responsible for oversight of inmates
Law Enforcement and Security Training
Phone: (979) 845-6677 | Tollfree: (800) 423-8433
- After registering online for this course, you will receive an email with instructions for getting started. If you do not receive a confirmation within one hour, please contact us at (979) 845-6677 or firstname.lastname@example.org
- If paying by purchase order or check please fill out the required registration form and send to email@example.com or fax to (979) 862-2788.
- Refunds are not available for eLearning courses, nor may the course be transferred from one customer to another.