Course Price: $150
Proper use of technology and effectively communicating under stressful situations are vital skills telecommunication personnel should possess. This course is designed to prepare participants to perform successfully as a telecommunications call taker or dispatcher.
This online course consists of thirteen learning modules. Prior to accessing the course, the participant is provided with an opportunity to download a study guide in an effort to enhance the retention of important course information. After all modules have been completed, the participant will receive a comprehensive final exam. All examinations must be passed with a minimum score of 80%. Participants have three attempts to pass each module exam and one attempt to pass the final examination. Participants will be eligible to sit for the TCOLE Telecommunicators Licensing Examination at a TCOLE approved testing site upon successful completion of the online course.
This course meets TCOLE requirements for both Basic Telecommunicator Course (#1013) as well as Crisis Communications (#2120).
There are no prerequisites for this course.
Course Completion Requirements
- This course must be completed within a 45 day time period. The completion period begins once course registration has taken place.
- To complete this course you are required to have a computer with internet access.
- Broadband internet connection
- Current Browser
- Recommended: Mozilla Firefox 30 or higher, Google Chrome 37 or higher
- Alternatives: Internet Explorer 8 or higher, Safari 7 or higher
- Adobe Acrobat Reader 10 or higher
- Adobe Flash 11 or higher
Required Form for Applicants seeking a TCOLE Telecommunicator License
Required Form for Applicants not seeking a TCOLE Telecommunicator License
TopicsCall Classification and Procedures +Dispatch Roles and Responsibilities +Radio Communication Techniques +Stress management +Telecommunications Systems and Technology
- Law enforcement dispatcher and telecommunications personnel
Continuing Education and Professional CreditsTexas Commission on Law Enforcement (TCOLE)
- After registering online for this course, you will receive an email with instructions for getting started. If you do not receive a confirmation within one hour, please contact us at (979) 845-6677 or email@example.com
- Once a student has successfully passed this course they must also complete Texas Commission on Law Enforcement's (TCOLE) new "TCOLE Rules Overview (for jailers and telecommunicators)" course and pass the rules exam prior to taking the licensing exam for a Telecommunicators license. This course is located on the My TCOLE Learning Website. The student can access the website from the TCOLE homepage.