Basic Sniper Rifle I uses practical exercises to provide law enforcement designated marksmen the knowledge, skills, and abilities to effectively engage threat targets in response to active shooter, hostage rescue, or barricaded shooter situations.
Instructor George Jahant
Officer Jahant joined the San Antonio Police Department in December 1977. Over the course of 38 years, he has gained experience in patrol, narcotics, crime scene investigation, and special weapons & tactics. Officer Jahant has participated in successfully executing thousands of high-risk incidents and warrants and assisted with developing one of the top Special Operations Programs in the nation.
Instructor Richard Smith, Jr.
Officer Smith joined the San Antonio Police Department in September 1989. He has been assigned to the patrol division, training academy and the Tactical Response Unit (TRU). Officer Smith is currently assigned to the Special Operations Unit, where he is assigned as a full time Hostage Negotiator and as the San Antonio Police Department Tactical Medic Program's Coordinator. Officer Smith has been a police trainer for over twenty four years and a licensed police instructor for twenty three of those years.
There are no prerequisites for this course.
- Rifle, Bolt or Semi Auto, 5.56mm or larger in caliber with magnified optic (scope)
- 350 rounds ammo (No Armor Piercing or Tracer Ammo)
- Magnified Optic Spotting Scope
- Shooting Sticks / Tripod / Anything to help support the gun
- Ammo / Mag Pouch
- Data Book / Clipboard / Notebook with pen/pencil
- Eye and Ear Protection
- Billed Cap
- Bean Bag / Shot Sock
- Assault Gear / Helmet / Body Armor (Operations Attire)
- Range Bag / Small Backpack
- Cleaning Kit
- Water Bottle / Camelback
- Sunscreen and Bug Spray
- Kestrel / Anemometer / Weather Station
- Knee and Elbow Pads
- Shooting Pad / Mat
- Rangefinder / Binoculars
- Smartphone with Ballistic App, i.e. Knight's Bulletflight M, MD Ballistics, Ballistics AE, JBM, ATRAG, Applied Ballistics, etc.
TopicsFundamentals of Marksmanship+Precision Rifle Selection and Setup+Zero / Grounding Exercises+Optics and Reticles+Range Estimation and Determination+Range Cards+Shooter / Spotter Integration+Various Shooting Positions
- Participants should be currently commissioned peace officers
Law Enforcement and Security Training
Phone: (979) 845-6677 | Tollfree: (800) 423-8433