Field training officers provide one-on-one learning and mentoring in the real-world environment. This online course provides participants with the tools necessary to become an effective field training officer. Any agency desiring to restructure a field training program or build a new program will find this course immensely beneficial.
This course meets Texas Commission on Law Enforcement (TCOLE) requirements Field Training Officer course #3702.
There are no prerequisites for this course.
Course Completion Requirements
- This course must be completed within a 60 day time period. The completion period begins once course registration has taken place.
- To complete this course you are required to have a computer with internet access.
- Broadband internet connection
- Current browser
- Recommended: Mozilla Firefox 30 or higher, Google Chrome 37 or higher
- Alternatives: Internet Explorer 10 or higher, Safari 7 or higher
- Adobe Acrobat Reader 10 or higher
- Adobe Flash 11 or higher
To meet attendance
requirements, participants must review each module and complete all required
course assignments, activities, quizzes, and or end of course exam.
attendance is an essential part of the education process, and participants in
TEEX courses are expected to attend all class sessions and field exercises. The
course requires participants to attend a minimum of 80% of the class hours as a
component of successful course completion. During the course, your
instructor will review any additional attendance requirement, for example a
field exercise that cannot be missed.
in a TCOLE credit course must complete the class in its entirety to receive
TopicsEvaluation of trainees and termination procedures+Forms and documentation+Field training officer program liabilities+Field training officer responsibilities and duties+Program construction+Remedial training and teaching techniques
- Public safety personnel that use any form of field training program to train and/or evaluate the progress of newly hired employees
Continuing Education and Professional Credits0.4 CEUs
Texas Commission on Law Enforcement (TCOLE)
- After registering online for this course, you will receive an email with instructions for getting started. If you do not receive a confirmation within one hour, please contact us at (979) 845-6677 or email@example.com.