Court security officers are responsible for protecting the judicial process at the courthouse while maintaining the safety and security of the court family and public. To ensure infrastructure and persons are protected, they must employ security practices at assigned posts while utilizing available equipment, technologies, and reporting processes. This course provides participants with an understanding of threats associated with court settings and the court security post roles and responsibilities that help mitigate this risk.
This course meets Texas Commission on Law Enforcement (TCOLE) requirements Court Security Officer Course #10999.
There are no prerequisites for this course.
Course Completion Requirements
- The mandatory completion/duration period for the eCourse is 45 days from the registration date. Participants will have three attempts to pass the final examination.
- To complete this course you are required to have a computer with internet access.
To meet attendance requirements, participants
must review each module and complete all required course assignments,
activities, quizzes, and or end of course exam.
- Broadband internet connection
- Current browser
- Recommended: Mozilla Firefox 57 or higher, Google Chrome 65 or higher
- Alternatives: Internet Explorer 11, Safari 10 or higher
- Note: Microsoft Edge is not currently a supported browser
- Apple Quicktime Player 10 or higher
- Adobe Acrobat Reader 10 or higher
- Adobe Flash 28 or higher
TopicsFoundations of court security+Baliff security practices and protection responsibilities+Legal aspects of screening and equipment and processes+Roving post orders and security practices+Control room monitor post and available technologies+Court security committees and incident reports
Individuals seeking to serve as Court Security Officers in the State of Texas
Continuing Education and Professional Credits0.3 CEUs
Texas Commission on Law Enforcement (TCOLE)
- After registering online for this course, you will receive an email with instructions for getting started. If you do not receive a confirmation within one hour, please contact us at (979) 845-6677 or firstname.lastname@example.org.