This course will prepare participants to conduct a Jurisdictional Threat and Hazard Identification and Risk Assessment (THIRA). Participants will identify threats and hazards of jurisdictional concern, give those threats and hazards context, establish capability targets, and determine how to apply the THIRA results.
By using the THIRA process, stakeholders will develop a strategy to allocate resources and establish mitigation and preparedness activities. THIRA-informed planning is consistent with and expands on nationally accepted emergency management standards as the basis for planning across the mission areas of prevention, protection, mitigation, response, and recovery.
This course meets Texas Commission on Law Enforcement (TCOLE) requirements for MGT310 JTHIRA course #78406.
There are no prerequisites for this course.
TopicsTHIRA Overview+Threat and Hazard Identification+Contextualize Threats and Hazards+Establish Capability Targets+Application of THIRA Results+THIRA Toolkit+Role of THIRA in National Preparedness
- Law Enforcement
- Fire Services
- Hazardous Material Personnel
- Emergency Medical Services
- Emergency Management Agency
- Public Works
- Health Care
- Public Health
- Governmental Administrative
- Public Safety Communications
- Public Elected Officials
- Military (If invited by the host jurisdiction)
- Private Sector and Non-Governmental Organizations (If invited by the host jurisdiction)
Continuing Education and Professional Credits1.6 CEUs
Texas Commission on Law Enforcement (TCOLE)+ACE
- Jurisdictional Threat and Hazard Identification and Risk Assessment was formally titled Threat and Risk Assessment
- This class has been accredited by the Oklahoma Council on Law Enforcement Education and Training for 16 hours of mandatory continuing education credit. Regarding any law enforcement concepts, practices, methods, techniques, products, or devices as might be taught, promoted, or otherwise espoused in outside schools or seminars, there is no intent, expressed or implied, that 'accreditation' indicates or in any way conveys 'CLEET approval' of such concepts, practices, methods, techniques, products, or devices, unless such approval is explicitly stated by CLEET.
Government ProgramsGSA contract number: GS-07F-0357V. GSA customers, to register please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or call (800) 423-8433.+For DHS/FEMA Funded Courses, please contact email@example.com or call (800) 423-8433