This two-day course is based on the requirements of NFPA 1035, Standard on
Fire and Life Safety Educator, Public Information Officer, Youth Firesetter
Intervention Specialist and Youth Firesetter Program Manager Professional
Qualifications. The course is designed for the person who is responsible or will
be responsible for leading a youth firesetting prevention and intervention
program. This course replaces Youth Firesetting Prevention and Intervention -
At the completion of the course, student will be able to:
- Explain the differences in NFPA 1035 between Youth Firesetter Intervention Specialist
and Youth Firesetter Program Manager.
- Summarize the overall job performance requirements of a youth firesetting prevention and intervention program.
- Develop a youth firesetting prevention and intervention program in their community.
- Demonstrate how to evaluate a youth firesetting prevention and intervention program.
- Youth Firesetting Prevention and Intervention: Level I
TopicsReview of NFPA 1035 for Youth Firesetter Program Manager.+Leading a youth firesetting prevention and intervention program.+Program development.+Program evaluation.
Students must have or will have responsibilities related to developing, implementing, coordinating and/or managing a youth firesetting prevention and intervention program in their community. Students representing the fire service are encouraged to partner with other agencies for this training. Partners can include but are not limited to fire investigators, law enforcement, mental health, social services, juvenile justice or other stakeholders who can assist in building and maintaining programs in their communities.
Continuing Education & Professional Credits
To request this class in your jurisdiction or department, please use the Emergency Services Training Institute (ESTI) Extension Course Request Form.
To request admission to an already-scheduled course, call the contact person listed in this course schedule. This will allow the course host to provide appropriate numbers of student manuals.
All extension courses are classroom only.