This two-day course is designed to provide company officers with a better understanding of multiagency needs and a Unified Command structure. This course will provide the attendees with an understanding of the requirements of a Unified Command organization and provide learners with the knowledge and skills necessary to operate effectively in complex incidents.
There are no prerequisites for this course.
TopicsIncident Command System Review and Incident Management Teams.+Preplanning, Unified Command and Area Command.+The Planning Process and Incident Action Plan Development.+Multi-Agency Coordination Systems.+Federal Response to All-Hazard Unified Command Incidents.
The primary audiences for the course are
- fire department company officers
- first responders
- chief officers
- others who would function in a command or general staff position during a multiagency operation.
Further specification for the audience includes officers who
- have command responsibilities
- are upwardly mobile and act in the position of a Command Officer
- would function in a command or general staff position during a Unified Command Operation
- are initially responsible for setting up the Incident Command Organization
Continuing Education & Professional CreditsTexas Commission on Law Enforcement (TCOLE)+Texas Commission of Fire Protection (TCFP)+State Firemen’s and Fire Marshals’ Association of Texas (SFFMA)
To request this class in your jurisdiction or department, please use the Emergency Services Training Institute (ESTI) Extension Course Request Form.