The Fall Protection (OSHA #3115) course covers the OSHA Fall Protection Standard for construction and an overview of fall protection methods. Course topics include principles of fall protection, components and limitations of fall arrest systems, and OSHA Standards and policies regarding fall protection. Students will participate in workshops demonstrating the inspection and use of fall protection equipment, residential construction fall protection, training requirements, and developing a fall protection program. Upon course completion students will have the ability to assess compliance with the OSHA Fall Protection Standard, evaluate installed passive systems and fall arrest systems, and develop and implement fall protection plans.
There are no prerequisites for this course.
TopicsFall prevention +Principles of fall protection+Components of fall arrest systems+OSHA policies regarding fall protection+Limitations of fall arrest equipment
- Construction industry personnel
- Tree trimming personnel
- Window washer personnel
- Maintenance personnel
- Municipal employees
- Utility personnel
- Roofing personnel
- Safety supervisors
- Safety Consultants
Government Programs, Certifications and AccreditationsGSA contract number: GS-02F-0003P. GSA customers, to register please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or call (800) 723-3811+Post 9/11 GI Bill Benefits For information contact (877) 833-9638
Infrastructure Training & Safety Institute
OSHA Training Institute Education Center
Phone: | Tollfree: (800) 723-3811 or (800) SAFE-811
TEEX and the OSHA Training Institute (OTI) have an attendance policy that requires all students to fully attend enrolled classes. In order for the student to receive a certificate of completion, they must attend the entire class. We realize that extenuating circumstances may arise that would take a student out of class and have implemented the following policy to handle those situations. Below are the responsibilities and expectations of students in this TEEX course.
- Students are expected to attend 100% of the course in which they are enrolled before a certificate of completion can be issued.
- If an extenuating circumstance arises in which a student is unable to attend 100% of class, the student must complete the Student Absentee Request form prior to leaving the classroom and submit it to the instructor for approval. If the extenuating circumstance arises during non-class hours, the student must complete the Student Absentee Request form immediately upon return to the classroom and submit it to the instructor for approval.
- With an approved absence for extenuating circumstances, if the absence is short enough, the instructor has discretion to provide options for make-up work if the classroom hours are equivalent.
- For all other absences, students must re-enroll through TEEX Registration to retake the course within six months.