**PLEASE NOTE** online registration is not available. You must provide prerequisite information, complete all required documentation, and submit via fax or mail. To protect your sensitive personal information, please do not email forms/documentation.
The Update for General Industry Outreach Trainers (OSHA #503) course is designed for Outreach Training Program trainers who have completed course #501 Trainer Course in Occupational Safety and Health Standards for General Industry and who are authorized trainers in the OSHA Outreach Training Program. The course provides an update on OSHA General Industry Standards, policies, and regulations. Upon course completion students will have the ability to demonstrate continued professional development in their field by applying effective adult learning principles and interactive training techniques to clearly identify, define, and explain general industry hazards and acceptable corrective measures as they continue to teach the 10- and 30-hour General Industry Outreach Training Program classes.
- Completion of the OSHA Trainer Course Prerequisite Verification Form
- Copy of current Outreach Training Program Trainer Card for General Industry
- TEEX Registration Form located in the Resources box to the right.
Once all proper documentation has been collected and/or completed it may be faxed to TEEX customer care at (979) 458-1426. If additional information is required, contact TEEX customer care personnel at (800) 723-3811. All verifications and associated documentation must be completed a minimum of 14 business days prior to the start of class.
TEEX and the OSHA Training Institute (OTI) have an attendance policy that requires all students to fully attend enrolled classes. In order for the student to receive a certificate of completion, they must attend the entire class. We realize that extenuating circumstances may arise that would take a student out of class and have implemented the following policy to handle those situations. Below are the responsibilities and expectations of students in a TEEX course.
- Participants are expected to attend 100% of the course in which they are enrolled before a certificate of successful completion can be issued.
- If an extenuating circumstance arises in which a participant is unable to attend 100% of class, the participant must get with the instructor to complete the Participant Makeup Time Request form prior to their leaving the classroom. If the extenuating circumstance arises during non-class hours, then the participant must get with the instructor to complete the Participant Makeup Time Request form when they return to the class. If the participant is unable to return to class, they must still contact the instructor for the required processing.
- If the instructor approves an absence and the absence time is less than 20% of the class time, the instructor can assign makeup work for equivalent time missed.
- All assigned makeup work must be documented, checked by the instructor and returned with class materials to be maintained in the class record as required by OSHA and TEEX.
- For all other approved absences, participants must enroll through TEEX Registration to retake the course within the OSHA required six-month time frame.
- Unexcused absences require participants to register/pay/attend the class again at another time.
In order to fully participate in all class activities, a laptop or tablet is highly recommended.
TopicsRecordkeeping+Walking / Working surfaces+Exit routes, emergency action plans, fire prevention plans+Personal Protective Equipment+Fire protection+Permit required confined space+Materials handling+Machine guarding+Electrical
Active OSHA Authorized General Industry Trainers
Continuing Education and Professional Credits1.9 CEUs
OSHA Outreach Trainer Renewal Information
OSHA Outreach Trainers are required to attend an Update for General Industry Outreach Trainers (OSH503) course at least once every four years to maintain their trainer status.
Government ProgramsGSA contract number: GS-02F-0003P. GSA customers, to register please contact email@example.com or call (800) 723-3811