The Fall Hazard Awareness for the Construction Industry (OSHA #7405) course covers the identification, evaluation, prevention and control of fall hazards in the construction industry. The course focuses on falls to a lower level rather than falls to the same level resulting from slips and falls. Course topics include identifying, analyzing, and preventing fall hazards utilizing Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) Fall Protection Standards. At the conclusion of the course, students will have an awareness level of identifying fall hazards and methods to control and abate the hazards.
There are no prerequisites for this course.
TopicsAnalyzing fall hazards +Fall protection equipment +Identifying fall hazards +Ladders +OSHA resources +Preventing fall hazards +Roofs +Scaffolds
- Construction industry personnel
- Industrial hygienists
- Safety supervisors
- Building inspectors
- Small business owners
OSHA Training Institute Education Center
Phone: (800) 723-3811 | Tollfree: (800) 723-3811 or (800) SAFE-811
TEEX and the OSHA Training Institute (OTI) have an attendance policy that requires all students to fully attend enrolled classes. In order for the student to receive a certificate of completion, they must attend the entire class. We realize that extenuating circumstances may arise that would take a student out of class and have implemented the following policy to handle those situations. Below are the responsibilities and expectations of students in this TEEX course.
- Students are expected to attend 100% of the course in which they are enrolled before a certificate of completion can be issued.
- If an extenuating circumstance arises in which a student is unable to attend 100% of class, the student must complete the Student Absentee Request form prior to leaving the classroom and submit it to the instructor for approval. If the extenuating circumstance arises during non-class hours, the student must complete the Student Absentee Request form immediately upon return to the classroom and submit it to the instructor for approval.
- With an approved absence for extenuating circumstances, if the absence is short enough, the instructor has discretion to provide options for make-up work if the classroom hours are equivalent.
- For all other absences, students must re-enroll through TEEX Registration to retake the course within six months.