The School Bus Driver Instructor course provides school districts with an opportunity to save significant training resources through the use and access of their own qualified drivers to serve as behind-the-wheel instructors. Experienced drivers completing instructor training not only are provided with best practices and opportunities to present to their peers, each receives recommended delivery options, helpful instruction tips, and guidance specific to student documentation requirements. All participants receive an instructor manual designed to guide class work as well as a practitioner manual and supplemental sets of instructional media and candidate driver evaluation documentation.
Prior to registration participants must provide the following:
- A copy of their current Commercial Driver’s License (A or B) with Passenger Endorsement
- A copy of their Bus Driver Certification Card
- Evidence of completion of a Texas DPS Bus Driver Safety course
Once all proper documentation has been collected it may be faxed to TEEX Customer Care at (979) 458-1426. If additional information is required, contact TEEX Customer Care personnel at (800) 723-3811.
All verifications and associated documentation must be completed a minimum of 14 business days prior to the start of class.
TopicsDocumentation +Field evaluations +Final implementation +Parallel parking +Precision backing +Stepwell tactics +Teaching techniques +You and your bus
- Qualified and experienced school bus drivers
- Supervisors of school bus driver training programs
- Operations managers of school bus transportation departments
OSHA Training Institute Education Center
Phone: (800) 723-3811 | Tollfree: (800) 723-3811 or (800) SAFE-811