Many acts of violence can be prevented through proper detection and reporting of suspicious behavior by peers. After completing this course, students will be able to identify indicators that signal a potential for violent actions. Students will learn how to report concerns and observations in a sensitive but effective manner.
There are no prerequisites for this course.
- The mandatory completion/duration period for this eCourse is 45 days from registration.
- To complete this course you are required to have a computer with internet access.
- Broadband internet connection
- Current browser
- Recommended: Mozilla Firefox 30 or higher, Google Chrome 37 or higher
- Alternatives: Internet Explorer 10 or higher, Safari 7 or higher
- Adobe Acrobat Reader 10 or higher
- Adobe Flash 11 or higher
TopicsWarning signs of potential violent behavior+Factors in the family dynamic that may contribute to violence+Factors in the social dynamic that may contribute to violence+Bullying as a factor that may contribute to violence+Reporting threats for successful intervention+Strategies for overcoming common barriers to reporting threats
- All students, educators, administrators, and other school staff members
Law Enforcement and Security Training
Phone: (979) 845-6677 | Tollfree: (800) 423-8433
- After registering online for this course, you will receive an email with instructions for getting started. If you do not receive a confirmation within one hour, please contact us at (979) 845-6677 or firstname.lastname@example.org