Many acts of violence can be prevented through proper detection and reporting of suspicious behavior by peers. After completing this course, students will be able to identify indicators that signal the potential for violent actions. Students will learn how to elicit and report concerns and observations in a sensitive yet effective manner.
There are no prerequisites for this course.
- The mandatory completion/duration period for this eCourse is 45 days from registration.
- To complete this course you are required to have a computer with internet access.
- Broadband internet connection
- Current browser
- Recommended: Mozilla Firefox 30 or higher, Google Chrome 37 or higher
- Alternatives: Internet Explorer 10 or higher, Safari 7 or higher
- Adobe Acrobat Reader 10 or higher
- Adobe Flash 11 or higher
TopicsWarning signs of potential violent behavior+Factors in the family dynamic that may contribute to violence+Factors in the social dynamic that may contribute to violence+Bullying as a factor that may contribute to violence+Reporting threats for successful intervention+Strategies for overcoming common barriers to reporting threats
- All students, educators, administrators, and other school staff members
Law Enforcement and Security Training
Phone: (979) 845-6677 | Tollfree: (800) 423-8433
- After registering online for this course, you will receive an email with instructions for getting started. If you do not receive a confirmation within one hour, please contact us at (979) 845-6677 or email@example.com