Many acts of violence can be prevented through proper detection and reporting of suspicious behavior by school administrators, faculty, and staff. This course will enable participants to identify unusual behavioral patterns of potentially violent individuals and proceed towards the best course of action for defusing the possible threat. Participants will learn the costs associated with school violence, review their legal responsibilities to provide a safe teaching environment, and learn the purpose and process of using a Threat Management Team to address potential and actual incidents.
There are no prerequisites for this course.
Course Completion Requirements
- The mandatory completion/duration period for this eCourse is 45 days from registration.
- To complete this course you are required to have a computer with internet access.
- Broadband internet connection
- Current browser
- Recommended: Mozilla Firefox 30 or higher, Google Chrome 37 or higher
- Alternatives: Internet Explorer 10 or higher, Safari 7 or higher
- Adobe Acrobat Reader 10 or higher
- Adobe Flash 11 or higher
TopicsBehavioral patterns of potentially violent individuals +Costs associated with school violence +Defusing the threat +Legal responsibilities to provide a safe environment +Utilization of a Threat Management Team
- All educators, administrators, and other school staff members
Continuing Education & Professional Credits
- After registering online for this course, you will receive an email with instructions for getting started. If you do not receive a confirmation within one hour, please contact us at (979) 845-6677 or email@example.com