This course is designed for Hazardous Device School certified Bomb Technicians or equivalents desiring specialized training in the recognition and identification of military ordnance. Participants will be provided with comprehensive training through a combination of classroom instruction and hands-on activities designed to increase technician knowledge and response capabilities of state, local, and federal emergency responders.
The National Bomb Squad Commanders Advisory Board (NBSCAB) recognizes completion of this course as meeting the standards for PSBS ordnance training and certification IAW with the 2016 National Guidelines for Bomb Technicians.
The Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives (ATF) Certified Explosives Specialist (CES) training program mandates this course.
This course meets Texas Commission on Law Enforcement (TCOLE) requirements Course #78027.
There are no prerequisites for this course.
Course Completion Requirements
Participants must submit the following items at least 21 days prior to the first day of class
- Hazardous Device School Certification or equivalent
- Photo identification
- Confirmation of current employment with either a law enforcement agency or other state/local response authority using departmental letterhead
- Should be in good physical condition
- Should be capable of safely operating under stressful conditions and hazardous environments
TopicsMathematics, Physics, and Electricity+Explosives and Explosives Effects+Ordnance Safety, Identification and Characteristics +Fuze Functioning and Identification+Firing Devices and Other Explosive Devices+Environmental and Miscellaneous Hazards+UXO Environmental Remediation
- Bomb technicians and explosives specialists assigned to local, state, and federal public safety bomb squads
Continuing Education and Professional CreditsTexas Commission on Law Enforcement (TCOLE)
Government ProgramsGSA contract number: GS-07F-0357V. GSA customers, to register please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or call (800) 423-8433.