This module describes how high-quality, single-crystal semiconductor material is grown and made into wafers that provide a surface on which integrated circuits (IC) can be created.
At the end of this lesson, the learner will be able to identify:
- the purpose of material preparation.
- the three major steps of material preparation.
- the process steps to produce the silicon wafers.
- the purpose of epitaxial growth.
- the process parameters critical to epitaxial growth.
There are no prerequisites for this course.
TopicsThe process parameters critical to epitaxial growth +The process steps to produce the silicon wafers +The purpose of epitaxial growth +The purpose of wafer preparation +The three major steps of wafer preparation
- New hires in the semiconductor fab
- Equipment technicians
- Wafer fab equipment operators
- Sales support
- Entry-level engineers
- Anyone interested in learning more about the semiconductor industry
Continuing Education & Professional Credits
The course fee entitles you to a 90-day subscription during which you can take the course at your own pace. The online course can be taken in sections of your choosing and does not have to be completed during any one session.
Call (800) 541-7149 for volume discounts and license options for your organization, or email us at email@example.com