The Surface Water Production II course provides participants with in-depth problem-solving opportunities specific to the five steps of production; mixing, flocculation, coagulation, sedimentation, filtration, and disinfection. Through highly qualified and licensed instructors, participants will expand their understanding of the chemistry involved in the disinfection of water and special treatment processes for taste and odor, water stabilization, and the associated issues related to the Surface Water Treatment Rule.
There are no prerequisites for this course.
Participants should have a general understanding of Surface Water Production I and Basic Water.
TopicsDisinfection by-products control +Performance initiatives and recognition programs +Plant records +Process optimization +Source water protection and treatment +Special treatment processes +Specialty methods of filtration +Supervisory control and data acquisition +The Surface Water Treatment Rule
- Entry level surface water operators completing the required courses to take the TCEQ Surface Water Class "C" licensing examination
- Water Utilities Field Operations Superintendent
- Field Coordinators
- Meter Maintenance Professionals
- Laboratory Personnel
- Meter Readers
- Field Utility Specialists
- Industry professionals responsible for supplying surface water to customers
Infrastructure Training & Safety Institute
OSHA Training Institute Education Center
Phone: | Tollfree: (800) 723-3811 or (800) SAFE-811