The Industrial Pretreatment course provides participants with knowledge specific to industrial wastewater pretreatment procedures. During the course, students are introduced to procedures designed to control, reduce, and prevent potentially harmful pollutants from entering both wastewater and stormwater collection systems. Students also explore aspects surrounding the prevention of non-domestic waste from entering Publically Owned Treatment Works (POTW) systems.
There are no prerequisites for this course.
TopicsPretreatment requirements in Texas+Overview of the National Pretreatment Program+Pollution prevention+Pretreatment standards+POTW pretreatment program responsibilities+Residential and commercial user program guidance+Industrial user pretreatment program responsibilities+Hauled wastes
- Supervisors in a wastewater utility
- Managers in a wastewater utility
- Water utilities field operations superintendent
- Field coordinator
- Field utility specialists
- Industrial Pretreatment personnel
- Wastewater collection and treatment system personnel
- Existing/potential users of the wastewater treatment and collection systems
OSHA Training Institute Education Center
Phone: (800) 723-3811 | Tollfree: (800) 723-3811 or (800) SAFE-811