The Work Zone Safety for Utilities online course provides awareness-level training for basic work zone safety principles and for understanding hazards associated with working on near roads in a work zone.
NOTE: Once registered, participants will receive a confirmation email, a password for access to the course, and a required completion date.
There are no prerequisites for this course.
Course Completion Requirements
Online Course Technical Requirements
- Broadband internet connection
- Recommended browser: Mozilla Firefox 30 or higher, Google Chrome 37 or higher
- Alternative browser: Internet Explorer 10 or higher, Safari 7 or higher
- Apple Quicktime Player 10 or higher
- Adobe Acrobat Reader 10 or higher
- Adobe Flash 11 or higher
TopicsLiability+Temporary Traffic Control+Temporary Traffic Control Component Distances+Selection, Use, and Placement of Temporary Traffic Control Devices+Worker Safety
Suggested AudienceThis course is designed for personnel to help better apply basic work zone safety awareness techniques to jobsite operations.
Continuing Education and Professional Credits0.1 CEUs
CE+TCEQ licensed water operators+TCEQ licensed wastewater operators