The Public Water System Security online course provides students with a better understanding of how to recognize and assess potential security issues related to water and wastewater plants. This course covers safeguarding measures related to accidental or intentional hazards, as well as man-made and natural disasters.
NOTE: Once registered, participants will receive a confirmation email, a password for access to the course, and a required completion date.
There are no prerequisites for this course.
Course Completion Requirements
- A personal computer or laptop with reliable Internet access
- Current Web Browser
- Adobe Acrobat Reader 7 or higher
- Adobe Flash 10 or higher
TopicsIdentify water system security requirements and regulations+Recognize possible threats to water system security+Identify the elements of water system security+Define vulnerability assessment+identify the elements of a vulnerability assessment+Define an emergency response plan
- Water and Wastewater industry professionals
- Utility industry professionals
- Public safety and security professionals
- Personnel involved with emergency preparedness and response
- Public works industry professionals
Continuing Education & Professional Credits