Phase I is an awareness level class. The goal of this class is to make municipal emergency responders aware of what can potentially be an industrial emergency incident and to recognize hazards and potential hazards on those incidents.
There are no prerequisites for this course.
This course requires participants to attend a minimum of 80% of the class hours as a component of successful course completion. During the course, your instructor will review any additional attendance requirements.
TopicsIntroduction to Industrial Incidents+Pre-planning and the Emergency Response+Hazard Awareness+ICS Basics+Size Up and Assessment+Response Strategies and Tactics+Practical Exercise
For all Municipal responders who wish to gain valuable knowledge in industrial type facilities, processes, and emergencies.
Continuing Education and Professional CreditsTexas Commission on Law Enforcement (TCOLE)+Texas Commission of Fire Protection (TCFP)+State Firefighters' and Fire Marshals' Association of Texas (SFFMA)
Annual Fire Training School Information
If you are attending this course as part of TEEX's Annual Fire Training School, taught each March and July, you need to be aware of the following additional information.
- Use the Annual Fire Training School Registration form, print off the registration form and mail it in with a check, or fax with an approved Purchase Order.
- You can register online with a credit card, by clicking the registration button above.
- If you have any questions about Annual Schools, call (866) 878-8900.
A late fee of $50 will be assessed to payments made after the registration deadline for the Annual Fire Training Schools.
Monday - Tuesday: 8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m..
Personal Protective Equipment (PPE)
- This course requires PPE Level 2 as described in the TEEX Student Safety Manual. All students are required to follow this manual at all times.
- You may not wear to any class or field activity:
- sleeveless shirts
- open-toed shoes