Firefighter Recruit Entry Level Academy
The Firefighter Recruit Academy offers two paths to firefighter certification.
- The traditional face-to-face academy is a 12-week program of intense classroom and physical training with hands-on training held at Brayton Fire Training Field.
- The 10-week online academy allows scheduling flexibility through online training, which is followed by a 3-week boot camp at Brayton Fire Training Field.
- Excel academically
- Demonstrate exceptional teamwork and leadership skills
- Establish professional behavior
- Perform strenuous physical work
Upon completion, cadets are eligible to earn IFSAC and Pro Board Certifications in:
- Firefighter I
- Firefighter II
- Hazardous Materials Awareness
- Hazardous Materials Operations
Our programs meet or exceed the requirements in most states and countries for preparation and/or certification of municipal firefighters. Please check with the fire certification agency in the area where you intend to seek employment to learn what qualifications are required.
Have a question about the academy?
Recruit Academy FAQs
Traditional Face-to-Face Academy
**PLEASE NOTE** that electrionic registration is
available for the traditional academy. You must complete a registration packet
and submit all required documents by mail.
Traditional Academy Class Dates & Tuition Information
Online Academy Class Dates, Tuition & Registration Information
college credit for the TEEX Recruit Academy (traditional or online) through unique partnerships between TEEX, Blinn College, and Texas A&M University San Antonio. You are eligible to apply for financial aid by enrolling in the
Blinn College Fire Science Technology Degree program.
All students participating in training at TEEX Brayton Fire Training Field are required to follow all guidelines in the
Student Safety Manual for the fire field.