Public Sector S&H Fundamentals-Construction
The certificate program in Public Sector Safety & Health Fundamentals supports OSHA’s mission by training public sector employees in occupational safety and health to reduce incident rates for workers in state and local governments. Participants have the opportunity to earn certificates for Construction and General Industry training.
Participants can choose from a variety of topics such as occupational safety and health standards for the construction or general industry, safety and health management, accident investigation, fall hazard awareness, and recordkeeping. Courses are available at OSHA Training Institute (OTI) Education Centers nationwide. Although this program was primarily designed for public sector employees, it is available for anyone interested in furthering their knowledge of occupational safety and health.
Participants must complete a minimum of seven courses, comprised of required and elective courses, that include a minimum of 68 contact hours of training through OTI Education Center courses to earn the certificate in Public Sector Safety & Health Fundamentals for Construction.
- Participants must complete the three Required Courses as listed below for a minimum of 39 contact hours of training.
- Participants must complete a minimum of four Elective Courses from the Construction list below that include a minimum of 29 contact hours of training.
- Occupational Safety and Health Standards for the Construction Industry (OSHA #510)
- Introduction to Safety and Health Management (OSHA #7500)
- Introduction to Incident [Accident] Investigation (OSHA #7505)
Elective Courses (Choose four of the following)
- OSHA Guide to Industrial Hygiene (OSHA #521)
- Principles of Ergonomics (OSHA #2255)
- Permit-Required Confined Space Entry (OSHA #2264)
- Managing Excavation Hazards (OSHA #7410) OR Excavation, Trenching, and Soil Mechanics (OSHA #3015)
- Electrical Standards (OSHA #3095)
- Fall Hazard Awareness for the Construction Industry (OSHA #7405) OR Fall Protection (OSHA #3115)
- Excavation and Emergency Planning (OSHA #7105)
- Safe Bolting: Principles and Practices (OSHA #7110)
- Health Hazard Awareness (OSHA #7205)
- Noise in the Construction Industry (OSHA #7400)
- Recordkeeping Rule Seminar (OSHA #7845)
TEEX Student Portal
Keep up-to-date with all the latest training by subscribing to our email newsletter!